Be an Online Teacher's Pet
Many opt for online courses in graduate school, as it allows for a long-distance education from the college of your choice, and eases the balance of work, home and school life. But a digital education also requires a different kind of diligence. Here are a few tips to maintaining motivation in the virtual classroom:
How long does it take you to go through course lectures and materials? How soon can you complete an assignment? Tracking your progress will help you in scheduling your various responsibilities and encourage productivity.
Get ready for class
While you may be tempted to sleep in and write your papers in pajamas, you’re more likely to take things seriously if you get up on time, get dressed, eat a good breakfast or exercise before sitting down at the computer.
Turn off your cell phone. Resist the urge to repeatedly check social networking sites. Treat your class as “class time” alone. Those Facebook notifications aren’t going anywhere.
As much as possible, participate in forum discussions, chats and video conferencing. You may not be looking for a new BFF, but this interaction provides accountability, and these relationships could be a valuable resource.
Recommended For YouView More in RELEVANT U
- > Watch Chance the Rapper’s Worshipful Grammy Performance
- > I’m Single. Stop Pitying Me on Valentine’s Day
- > Mark Zuckerberg Met with Pastors to Understand How Churches ‘Find Deeper Meaning in a Changing World’
- > Watch Ashton Kutcher Emotionally Testify Against Sex Trafficking in Front of Congress
- > Chance After Winning Best New Artist: ‘Glory Be to God. I Claim This Victory in the Name of the Lord’
- > Watch Navy SEAL’s Widow Carryn Owens Receive a Standing Ovation During Trump’s Speech
- > The New 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Trailer Is Here, and It's Awesome
- > Ukraine's 'StopFake' TV Show Only Features Fake News to Help Fight Fake News
- > Legendary Gameshow Host Marc Summers Discusses Mental Illness in Documentary About His Life
- > Watch Tim Tebow Tell Mets Reporters Why He Doesn’t Want to Be Known as an Athlete