Professor, Can I Have Your Autograph?
What if you could take Intro to Film with your favorite director? At some fortunate universities, this just might be the case. From NFL football coaches to former presidents, many celebrities are lending their expertise to the world of higher education. Just rub those stars out of your eyes before you write your paper.
Angelou is “America’s most famous black female autobiographer” and a respected poet. Since 1991, she’s also served as professor of American Studies at Wake Forest University, giving about 80 lectures a year.
A pioneer of the independent film industry and the controversial director of movies like Malcolm X, his audience now includes film students of the Marcus Kanbar Institute of Film & Television at Tisch School of the Arts at NYU.
The 39th president and Nobel Peace Prize winner is 85 years old and still has a lot to say as a University Distinguished Professor at Emory University. He also founded The Carter Center at the Atlanta campus.
The former coach of the Vikings and the Cardinals once wanted to teach high school if his football career didn’t come together. He surpassed both goals, and now teaches a sports business management course at San Diego State University.
Jonathan Safron Foer
Everything Is Illuminated, Foer’s first novel, developed from his thesis at Princeton. Two more best-sellers later, the young author teaches a handful of fiction students in NYU’s graduate creative writing program.
Recommended For YouView More in RELEVANT U
- > Watch Chance the Rapper’s Worshipful Grammy Performance
- > I’m Single. Stop Pitying Me on Valentine’s Day
- > Watch Ashton Kutcher Emotionally Testify Against Sex Trafficking in Front of Congress
- > One of the NFL's Most Promising Young Coaches Is Leaving Football to Pursue the Ministry
- > Tim Keller, Ann Voskamp Among Christian Leaders Featured in Ad Denouncing Trump’s Refugee Ban
- > Watch Navy SEAL’s Widow Carryn Owens Receive a Standing Ovation During Trump’s Speech
- > The New 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Trailer Is Here, and It's Awesome
- > Ukraine's 'StopFake' TV Show Only Features Fake News to Help Fight Fake News
- > Legendary Gameshow Host Marc Summers Discusses Mental Illness in Documentary About His Life
- > Watch Tim Tebow Tell Mets Reporters Why He Doesn’t Want to Be Known as an Athlete