10 Bible Verses That Will Help You Get Through a Rough Patch
January 26, 2017
Chelsea Steele is the social media maven at RELEVANT Media Group. You can catch her slingin’ LA CROIXS OVER BOYS t-shirts from her apartment or on RELEVANT Instagram stories.
The winter blues are a real thing.
The season’s days are shorter, darker and colder, and scientifically* it’s not abnormal to find yourself in a funk. Yes, winters can be cruel, but the seasons can also give us hope. There’s never been a winter where a spring didn’t follow and no matter how many tree limbs grow bare, they always bloom a few months later.
Harsh winters not only make springtime feel more welcome, their bleakness carry a promise of the fruitful season ahead. It’s helpful to remember, but easy to forget. Here are 10 verses we compiled to help get you through to the other side:
1. Song of Songs 2:11-12
"For behold, the winter is past; the rain is over and gone. The flowers appear on the earth, the time of singing has come,"
2. Psalm 74:17
“It was You who set all the boundaries of the earth; You made both summer and winter.”
3. 2 Corinthians 4:17-18
“For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.”
4. Romans 5:3-5
"Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame."
5. Daniel 2:21
"He changes times and seasons; he removes kings and sets up kings; he gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to those who have understanding."
6. Deuteronomy 31:8
"The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."
7. Romans 8:18
"I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us."
8. Nahum 1:7
"The Lord is good, a Strength and Stronghold in the day of trouble; He knows (recognizes, has knowledge of, and understands) those who take refuge and trust in Him."
9. Isaiah 41:10
"Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."
10. Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
"For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven: a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted; a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; a time to seek, and a time to lose; time to keep, and a time to cast away;a time to tear, and a time to sew; time to keep silence, and a time to speak; a time to love, and a time to hate; a time for war, and a time for peace."
- If you’re unable to shake the funk or notice yourself experiencing something more serious there’s never any harm in checking with or seeking help from in a mental health professional.
Recommended For YouView More in God
- > Watch Chance the Rapper’s Worshipful Grammy Performance
- > I’m Single. Stop Pitying Me on Valentine’s Day
- > Mark Zuckerberg Met with Pastors to Understand How Churches ‘Find Deeper Meaning in a Changing World’
- > Watch Ashton Kutcher Emotionally Testify Against Sex Trafficking in Front of Congress
- > Chance After Winning Best New Artist: ‘Glory Be to God. I Claim This Victory in the Name of the Lord’
- > Watch Navy SEAL’s Widow Carryn Owens Receive a Standing Ovation During Trump’s Speech
- > The New 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Trailer Is Here, and It's Awesome
- > Ukraine's 'StopFake' TV Show Only Features Fake News to Help Fight Fake News
- > Legendary Gameshow Host Marc Summers Discusses Mental Illness in Documentary About His Life
- > Watch Tim Tebow Tell Mets Reporters Why He Doesn’t Want to Be Known as an Athlete