All Sons & Daughters
On this week's podcast, David Leonard and Leslie Jordan—better known as All Sons and Daughters —stop by for an amazing in-studio performance. They actually performed five songs for us and we filmed them all. Plus, we talk to Jeff Pishney of Love Modesto, an organization that is demonstrating kindness, meeting needs and impacting lives with the love of Jesus. And if you follow us on Twitter, you know that the really big news this week centers around our newfound obsession with John Tesh and his agreement to appear on the podcast, so yeah, we talk quite a bit about that. We also read a few more #TESHsays tweets from the man himself and our favorites from the ones you came up with last week!
Notable Jokes & Runs
1:35 - Cameron explains the John Tesh humor from last week's episode. They talk about a tweet from one of the listeners that elicited a response from Tesh himself, which eventually led to Tesh being on next week's podcast.
13:02 - Cameron talks about Metta World Peace's Twitter account, and they briefly discuss other B-list celebrities' Twitter feeds.
28:27 - Calvin comes up with an extemporaneous list of new Olympic events based on British stereotypes.
Notable Guest Moments
36:08 - Introduction to All Sons & Daughters.
37:02 - All Sons & Daughters performs "Hear the Sound".
41:49 - Introduction to Jeff Pishney of Love Modesto.
48:21 - Cameron talks more about the All Sons & Daughters shoot in the Relevant studios.
49:45 - All Sons & Daughters performs "Wake Up".
Other Notable Moments
16:40 - Calvin announces that Ryan Anderson will be on the podcast.
17:40 - Cameron thanks an anonymous listener who sent them a package of slide whistles.
23:13 - Jesse's slice about buses taking athletes to the London Olympics. He also talks about why he doesn't like the Olympics, and gives a list of ways to improve the event.
29:20 - Maya's slice about the town of Talkeetna, Alaska, where a cat has been mayor for its entire life. Jesse makes numerous cat-related puns.
32:28 - Calvin's slice about 711's new mashed potato dispenser.
56:03 - Feedback to Question of the Week: "What is your best '#TESHsays'?" They also read some actual #TESHsays tweets.
65:24 Outro: "No one watches swimming for the fun of it. No one." - Jesse
Question of the Week
What question do you want us to ask John Tesh?
Listeners, you made it happen. We said we wanted to get John Tesh on the podcast so you inundated his Twitter feed with requests until there was no choice but for The Tesh to oblige. Now, the crew has found itself in the awkward position of not knowing what to ask The Tesh. So once again, we need your help. Send us the questions that you want us to ask him when he appears on next week's show. We'll use our favorites to engage in a conversation with The Tesh that is sure to push the boundaries of professional journalism.
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > Watch Chance the Rapper’s Worshipful Grammy Performance
- > I’m Single. Stop Pitying Me on Valentine’s Day
- > Watch Ashton Kutcher Emotionally Testify Against Sex Trafficking in Front of Congress
- > Sufjan Stevens Pens Letter to America About Christ, Refugees, Love and Judgement
- > Watch This British Lawmaker Speak Out on Selective Abortions Based on Disabilities
- > Watch Navy SEAL’s Widow Carryn Owens Receive a Standing Ovation During Trump’s Speech
- > The New 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Trailer Is Here, and It's Awesome
- > Ukraine's 'StopFake' TV Show Only Features Fake News to Help Fight Fake News
- > Legendary Gameshow Host Marc Summers Discusses Mental Illness in Documentary About His Life
- > Watch Tim Tebow Tell Mets Reporters Why He Doesn’t Want to Be Known as an Athlete