This week we talk to Dan Haseltine (Jars of Clay, The Hawk In Paris) about his role with Blood:Water Mission, and the campaign they're embarking on this season called Deck The Stalls. And while that is 100% serious stuff, the crew takes things in the complete opposite direction by playing a Price-Is-Right-style Black Friday game, recapping the finale of the Twilight movie series, and discussing male nail polish. This episode is the turducken of podcasts!
A big thanks to the sponsor of Jesse's line, Audible.com, the leading provider of premium digital spoken audio information and entertainment on the Internet. They're giving all RELEVANT Podcast listeners a free audiobook! To get yours, click here. Also be sure to check out our other sponsor, the Urbana 12 Conference. It's an amazing event. Learn more at urbana.org.
Dan HaseltineListen to the full, unedited interview with Dan Haseltine
Notable Jokes & Runs
5:49 - The pick of the week: Alicia Keys' "Girl on Fire". Cameron talks about how horrible he thinks the song is. Calvin and Jesse give suggestions on other lyrics that rhyme with "fire".
14:20 - Calvin gives several turkey-related puns. Jesse provides one as well.
23:12 - Calvin plans out his competition men's nail polish company, Nail Enhancement.
24:28 - Maya states that guys don't wash their hands, prompting a defense of the Relevant men's restroom.
29:19 - Cameron questions Maya about the new Twilight movie, Breaking Dawn, particularly about the shirtless scenes and the creepy relationship between Jacob and Bella's daughter.
45:29 - Jesse's new game, All I Want for Christmas.
Notable Guest Moments
34:29 - Introduction to Dan Haseltine.
Other Notable Moments
2:50 - Cameron explains why this podcast will be so weird.
4:56 - Cameron talks about hearing Young Oceans at the airport.
12:05 - Jesse's slice about a Connecticut man catching on video two turkeys attacking his car. Cameron talks about being attacked by ducks as a child.
15:00 - Jesse's other slice about Rocky: The Musical, being produced in Germany. Jesse theorizes that the Rocky films are really documentaries of Stallone's early life.
18:15 - Maya's slice about a company that offers nail polish for men.
26:19 - Calvin's slice on various scenarios on how the world might end in December 2012. A list of five signs the world may be ending next month.
62:50 - Feedback to Question of the Week: "What do you want for Christmas this year?"
68:45 Outro: "Me and the dudes doin' the nails, drying our hands on each other's jeans. Just get out." - Jesse
Question of the Week
What are your top 5 signs that the end of the world is nigh?
Calvin, regularly known for his Top (whatever number) lists, really dropped the ball this week with his five bullet points that the end of the world is nigh. As you know, the world is predicted to end next month on December 21. So this week we want you to help Calvin out and provide your own top 5 signs that humanity will only survive for another few weeks.
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > Watch Chance the Rapper’s Worshipful Grammy Performance
- > I’m Single. Stop Pitying Me on Valentine’s Day
- > Watch Ashton Kutcher Emotionally Testify Against Sex Trafficking in Front of Congress
- > Sufjan Stevens Pens Letter to America About Christ, Refugees, Love and Judgement
- > Watch This British Lawmaker Speak Out on Selective Abortions Based on Disabilities
- > Watch Navy SEAL’s Widow Carryn Owens Receive a Standing Ovation During Trump’s Speech
- > The New 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Trailer Is Here, and It's Awesome
- > Ukraine's 'StopFake' TV Show Only Features Fake News to Help Fight Fake News
- > Legendary Gameshow Host Marc Summers Discusses Mental Illness in Documentary About His Life
- > Watch Tim Tebow Tell Mets Reporters Why He Doesn’t Want to Be Known as an Athlete