Jars of Clay Performs Live
After a long hiatus, we're happy to announce the RELEVANT Studio Sessions are back, this week featuring a live performance by the legendary Jars of Clay! The veteran band came through our studio to play a few songs from their new album Inland, and we've got 2 of those performances on this week's show. Also, we play a "fantasy showdown" game with a listener, do some beatboxing and dig into 2 Chainz's cookbook (yup, you read that one right). It's a very spooky Friday the 13th edition of the podcast...and you've been warned.
A big thanks to the sponsor of this week's show, Warby Parker. Warby offers an easy way to buy fashion-forward prescription glasses and sunglasses online for only $95—and as part of our partnership, they're giving all RELEVANT Podcast listeners free expedited 2-day shipping on your purchase! To get your free home try-on and the shipping discount, visit WarbyParker.com and enter the promo code "RELEVANT" during your final check-out. Listen for more info on the show. We love Warby.
Notable Jokes & Runs
3:22 - The guys introduce themselves with spooky nicknames in honor of Friday the 13th.
6:28 - Chad reads selected entries in 2 Chainz's cookbook.
11:25 - Calvin starts a discussion about Halloween. Chad talks about wearing bloody biblical costumes as a child at his church's Harvest Party, and Calvin talks about his church replacing haunted houses with tableaus of Hell. Jesse talks about the irony of calling it a Harvest Festival.
18:28 - Eddie talks about a new photo of the DC Talk members, prompting discussion of the possible reunion.
28:25 - Tyler reveals that they make new hires sing at Relevant Magazine staff meetings.
29:56 - Jokes about old people talking about rap. Tyler does a short impromptu rap.
31:07 - Eddie beatboxes while Chad raps.
Notable Guest Moments
38:41 - Introduction to Jars of Clay.
39:45 - Jars of Clay performs "Loneliness and Alcohol".
61:05 - Jars of Clay performs "Inland".
Other Notable Moments
21:17 - Jesse's slice about Coca Cola's new hot ginger ale soda, the first soda that's supposed to be drunk warm. Jesse reveals his three favorite sodas, and Eddie talks about Wal-Mart brand Dr. Thunder soda.
25:37 - Eddie's slice about a store apologizing for making job candidates dance after they interviewed for a job.
32:59 - Tyler's slice about an unnamed Middle Eastern prince who paid a charity to sit with Kristen Stewart for 15 minutes.
45:43 - Jesse's game, Fantasy Showdown Part Deux: The Legend of Drake Stonedagger, combining LARPing with Fantasy Football. A call-in listener plays against Eddie.
67:21 - Feedback to Question of the Week: "What is your dream lineup for Dancing with the Stars?"
77:35 Outro: "Mackle-what's-his-name and Busta Who's-that." - Jesse
Question of the Week
Who would you want to spend 15 minutes sitting with?
An unnamed middle-eastern prince recently paid $500,000 to sit with Twilight actress Kristen Stewart for 15 minutes. So this week we want to ask you, what current living person would you most want to spend 15 minutes sitting with (and why)?
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > Watch Chance the Rapper’s Worshipful Grammy Performance
- > I’m Single. Stop Pitying Me on Valentine’s Day
- > Watch Ashton Kutcher Emotionally Testify Against Sex Trafficking in Front of Congress
- > One of the NFL's Most Promising Young Coaches Is Leaving Football to Pursue the Ministry
- > Sufjan Stevens Pens Letter to America About Christ, Refugees, Love and Judgement
- > Watch Navy SEAL’s Widow Carryn Owens Receive a Standing Ovation During Trump’s Speech
- > The New 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Trailer Is Here, and It's Awesome
- > Ukraine's 'StopFake' TV Show Only Features Fake News to Help Fight Fake News
- > Legendary Gameshow Host Marc Summers Discusses Mental Illness in Documentary About His Life
- > Watch Tim Tebow Tell Mets Reporters Why He Doesn’t Want to Be Known as an Athlete