On this week's show, author, humorist and professional advice giver, Jon Acuff, joins us to answer your deepest, darkest, most significant life questions. He also battles Tyler in a game centered around the tweets of Dave Ramsey. Plus, the crew tackles in-home massages, Jesse's church-announcement-standup routine, facial art and the music of Train.
A big thanks to listener Daniel St.Armand for sending us this visual of what it would look like for Stallone to take over the RELEVANT Podcast!
Notable Jokes & Runs
1:43 - Jesse gives himself the nickname "The Shawn White of Podcasting".
8:47 - Calvin talks about writing down jokes and how he deals with puns in situations without paper. They talk about his and Jesse's wives, and their use of humor in real life.
13:00 - Jesse talks about using jokes in the announcements at his church.
60:13 - A discussion commences about getting massages in public places, such as mall kiosks or Whole Foods. Cameron reveals that Maya goes to Whole Foods just for massages.
61:38 - Cameron tells the story of when a masseuse came to his house to give him and Maya a massage.
68:13 - Jesse reads a hate mail from "Guest".
72:44 - Jesse tells a story about a Gap employee who encouraged him to shoplift.
Notable Guest Moments
24:40 - Introduction to Jon Acuff.
34:00 - Jon Acuff gives advice in response to listener questions.
51:14 - Jesse's "Complete The Tweet" game, in which they complete tweets from Dave Ramsey. Tyler vs. Jon.
Other Notable Moments
6:21 - Jesse's slice about a bridge between Slovakia and Austria which was almost named Chuck Norris Bridge.
15:45 - Maya's slice about a man in Oregon who got a wrong order at McDonald's and went into a "McFury", throwing drinks and cash registers.
19:07 - Calvin's slice about synchronized toilet flushing.
67:05 - Feedback to Question of the Week: "What animal would you like to strap a backpack onto and robotically control?"
79:05 Outro: "Like, it might be cute to listen on a podcast once a week, but I guarantee you would not like living with me." - Jesse
Question of the Week
What's the best advice you've ever gotten? Or, what's the worst advice you've ever gotten? Or, what's the most uncomfortable advice you've ever gotten?
As we listened to Jon Acuff giving out life advice on this week's show, it got us thinking about the times we've received advice. So this week we want to ask you three different questions. What's the best advice you've ever gotten? Or, what's the worst advice you've ever gotten? Or, what's the most uncomfortable advice you've ever gotten?
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > Watch Chance the Rapper’s Worshipful Grammy Performance
- > I’m Single. Stop Pitying Me on Valentine’s Day
- > Mark Zuckerberg Met with Pastors to Understand How Churches ‘Find Deeper Meaning in a Changing World’
- > Watch Ashton Kutcher Emotionally Testify Against Sex Trafficking in Front of Congress
- > How 2016 Changed Everything for Lecrae
- > Watch Navy SEAL’s Widow Carryn Owens Receive a Standing Ovation During Trump’s Speech
- > The New 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Trailer Is Here, and It's Awesome
- > Ukraine's 'StopFake' TV Show Only Features Fake News to Help Fight Fake News
- > Legendary Gameshow Host Marc Summers Discusses Mental Illness in Documentary About His Life
- > Watch Tim Tebow Tell Mets Reporters Why He Doesn’t Want to Be Known as an Athlete