This week we talk to former NFL Quarterback and Super Bowl MVP Kurt Warner, who has a new show on USA called "The Moment." The show gives ordinary people the opportunity to realize their dreams and rewrite their life stories. We also talk to Page CXVI, a great band that is making hymns accessible and known again. Plus, Tom Cruise, our NCAA basketball recap and the terrifying return of Petman.
A big thanks to the episode's sponsor, Tonx Coffee, an amazing new roaster out of LA. They source directly from the growers, roast it, and ship within 24 hours so it’s as fresh as can be. For a free sample, check out Tonx.org/RELEVANT
Notable Jokes & Runs
38:23 - Cameron's rant about his refusal to see anything that Tom Cruise is ever in.
51:46 - Cameron jokes about confusing Low and Los Lonely Boys. Jesse takes the joke and runs with it for a while.
Notable Guest Moments
21:22 - Introduction to Kurt Warner.
55:39 - Introduction to Page CXVI.
Other Notable Moments
2:49 - A discussion of French press vs. drip coffee.
12:14 - Jesse's slice about a robot that does exercises, made by Boston Dynamic. Cameron interrupts the slice to find out if Jesse has joined a takeover movement, and asks if Boston Dynamic is the company from Fringe. They theorize that Fringe was trying to warn us, and that's why it got canceled.
18:20 - Maya's slice about a Cookie Monster being arrested for pushing a child in Times Square.
21:36 - Tyler's slice about a burglar who was caught by the homeowners while robbing their house, feeding pudding to their guard dog.
41:30 - A discussion on whether it's more important for an actor portraying a real person to look like them, or to act well.
48:10 - Relevant Recommends: Curt Vile, Low, Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr.
63:37 - Feedback to Question of the Week: "What unique job would you create for yourself?"
84:15 Outro: "If I want to walk down the street in a homemade Spider-Man costume and demand people give me money, well, freedom. Freedom ain't free." - Jesse
Question of the Week
What things should we boycott?
Cameron has taken on the personal challenge of boycotting everything that has to do with Tom Cruise, from his movies to hilarious Youtube clips. Jesse wants to boycott fruit in salad (but not fruit salad). Maya is boycotting the sport of hockey. And Tyler is boycotting the decision to pair Chuck Taylors with formalwear. Since Christians seem to do a pretty good job of boycotting things, it made us wonder what else we should be boycotting. So our question to you this week is simple: what things should we start boycotting?
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > Watch Chance the Rapper’s Worshipful Grammy Performance
- > I’m Single. Stop Pitying Me on Valentine’s Day
- > Watch Ashton Kutcher Emotionally Testify Against Sex Trafficking in Front of Congress
- > Sufjan Stevens Pens Letter to America About Christ, Refugees, Love and Judgement
- > Watch This British Lawmaker Speak Out on Selective Abortions Based on Disabilities
- > Watch Navy SEAL’s Widow Carryn Owens Receive a Standing Ovation During Trump’s Speech
- > The New 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Trailer Is Here, and It's Awesome
- > Ukraine's 'StopFake' TV Show Only Features Fake News to Help Fight Fake News
- > Legendary Gameshow Host Marc Summers Discusses Mental Illness in Documentary About His Life
- > Watch Tim Tebow Tell Mets Reporters Why He Doesn’t Want to Be Known as an Athlete