This week we spotlight worship leader and former Delirious? frontman Martin Smith. He has a new solo album out (God's Great Dance Floor, Step 01) and he shares with us his heart for God and these new songs he's created. We also talk to innovation leader Bobby Gruenewald. As part of the LifeChurch.tv team, Bobby helped create the YouVersion Bible App, which has been downloaded over 90 million times! And we unveil a new theme (and theme song) for our summer, which includes a Jesse Carey singalong. Let's just say we now understand why Jesse is a writer and not a singer...
A big thanks to the sponsor of this week's show, Warby Parker. Warby offers an easy way to buy fashion-forward prescription glasses and sunglasses online for only $95—and as part of our partnership, they're giving all RELEVANT Podcast listeners free expedited 2-day shipping on your purchase! To get your free in-home try-on and the shipping discount, visit WarbyParker.com and enter the promo code "RELEVANT" during your final check-out. Listen for more info on the show. We love Warby.
Listen to the full interview with Bobby Gruenewald
Notable Jokes & Runs
5:41 - Cameron talks about Maya's absence. The first "Boys of Summer" episode.
7:30 - Jesse sings along to bits of "The Boys of Summer".
9:07 - The group each narrates their version of "The Boys Are Back in Town" music video, starring all of them. Throwing footballs, playing chess, skateboarding, flipping burgers, running on grass, riding lawnmowers on the highway, a police shootout. Chad apparently dies.
18:33 - Cameron tells the story about his new shower caddy, and trying to combine bathroom activities while in the shower. Jesse says he shaves while boiling eggs.
Notable Guest Moments
42:04 - Introduction to Martin Smith.
64:00 - Introduction to Bobby Gruenewald.
Other Notable Moments
2:19 - Cameron reacts to Chad guest-hosting the previous episode.
23:18 - Jesse's slice about the book Overdressed, which predicted a disaster in a clothing factory. Fast fashion vs. sustainable clothing. The cost of cheap clothing is poor working conditions for other countries.
33:22 - Tyler's slice about a man who believes he's found the original recipe of Coca Cola in letters he bought at an estate sale, and is selling it on eBay.
53:28 - Relevant Recommends: Vampire Weekend, The Great Gatsby, Narrative.ly.
74:00 - Feedback to Question of the Week: "What was the worst summer job you ever had?"
82:40 Outro: "I can see you! Keep playing it, keep going." - Jesse
Question of the Week
What is your theme song for summer 2013?
This week we unveiled our theme - and theme song - for the upcoming summer. So now we want to ask you, what is your theme song for summer 2013 and why?
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > Watch Chance the Rapper’s Worshipful Grammy Performance
- > I’m Single. Stop Pitying Me on Valentine’s Day
- > Watch Ashton Kutcher Emotionally Testify Against Sex Trafficking in Front of Congress
- > Sufjan Stevens Pens Letter to America About Christ, Refugees, Love and Judgement
- > Watch This British Lawmaker Speak Out on Selective Abortions Based on Disabilities
- > Watch Navy SEAL’s Widow Carryn Owens Receive a Standing Ovation During Trump’s Speech
- > The New 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Trailer Is Here, and It's Awesome
- > Ukraine's 'StopFake' TV Show Only Features Fake News to Help Fight Fake News
- > Legendary Gameshow Host Marc Summers Discusses Mental Illness in Documentary About His Life
- > Watch Tim Tebow Tell Mets Reporters Why He Doesn’t Want to Be Known as an Athlete