Matt Maher and Jon Guerra Perform
Brightpeak Financial empowers young Christian families to become stronger financially so they can live with generosity—and make a difference in the world! Brightpeak has created the Simple Living Challenge, a 14-day free program to help you cut down on life’s clutter, creating more balance, freedom and joy in your life. Click the logo to get started!
Notable Jokes & Runs
2:08 - The group talks about what they did for Halloween. Shauna's party, Cameron's, Jesse's costume for his son.
7:03 - Joy tells the story of when she (according to her) almost got murdered. The others are skeptical.
14:27 - Cameron talks about the onset of technologies requiring us to interact with strangers (Craigslist, Uber, Airbnb, etc.)
17:22 - Cameron talks about Jeremiah's costume at his Halloween party: the old man from Up, with his wife as a zombie version of the dead wife. He also talks about his own locally inspired costume.
21:53 - In Case You Missed It: Jon Stewart's new HBO show, For King and Country's cover of "Out of the Woods", an all-female remake of Ocean's 11.
25:22 - Jeremiah does an impression of Bane from Batman. Jesse gets him to do Sean Connery lines in that voice.
76:55 - Jesse tells the story of when his creepy dentist was late to his appointment, and he left just as the guy arrived.
Notable Guest Moments
50:21 - Introduction to Matt Maher and Jon Guerra.
50:45 - Matt Maher and Jon Guerra introduce "Stained Glass".
52:25 - Matt Maher and Jon Guerra perform "Stained Glass".
58:03 - Introduction to Sarah Bessey.
67:12 - Matt Maher and Jon Guerra introduce "Instrument".
68:20 - Matt Maher and Jon Guerra perform "Instrument".
Other Notable Moments
31:18 - Jesse's slice about Wes Anderson wanting to make a Christmas and a horror movie.
36:36 - Joy's slice about Twitter changing "favorite" stars to "like" hearts.
42:41 - Shauna's slice about an Omaha woman who lost an arm while petting a tiger drunk after breaking into a zoo.
73:30 - Feedback to Question of the Week: "What are some theme park rides that need to exist?"
80:17 - Discussion of this week's Editorial Question of the Week.
Tagline - "Whenever I get into an Uber, I have a steak knife."
Question of the Week
What are your craziest craigslist encounters or advice on how to ensure your safety?
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > Watch Chance the Rapper’s Worshipful Grammy Performance
- > I’m Single. Stop Pitying Me on Valentine’s Day
- > Watch Ashton Kutcher Emotionally Testify Against Sex Trafficking in Front of Congress
- > One of the NFL's Most Promising Young Coaches Is Leaving Football to Pursue the Ministry
- > Sufjan Stevens Pens Letter to America About Christ, Refugees, Love and Judgement
- > Watch Navy SEAL’s Widow Carryn Owens Receive a Standing Ovation During Trump’s Speech
- > The New 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Trailer Is Here, and It's Awesome
- > Ukraine's 'StopFake' TV Show Only Features Fake News to Help Fight Fake News
- > Legendary Gameshow Host Marc Summers Discusses Mental Illness in Documentary About His Life
- > Watch Tim Tebow Tell Mets Reporters Why He Doesn’t Want to Be Known as an Athlete