Olympian Lopez Lomong
On this Olympic-themed, inadvertently global podcast, we talk to USA Track and Field Olympian Lopez Lomong, a former Lost Boy of Sudan who came to the United States at the age of 16. Besides running the 5,000-meter event this week, he's doing some incredible things to help people in need through his foundation. Plus, Adam Smith joins us with an Olympic-based Rambo of the Month (spoiler alert: Rambo wins). And being fed-up with NBC's delayed coverage, we decided to go straight to the source and bring in our very own British corespondent to give us the inside scoop on the Olympic Games. Yes people, Lloyd Kinsley joins us on this week's podcast (and thankfully no pigs were harmed in the process). We might be biassed, but we're already giving this episode a gold medal...
Learn more about Lopez and check out his new book, "Running For My Life" at http://lopezlomong.com/
Notable Jokes & Runs
26:17 - Adam Smith joins the podcast for Rambo of the Month.
30:01 - Rambo 13: The Beast of Ten Thousand Faces.
Notable Guest Moments
44:18 - Introduction to Lopez Lomong.
Other Notable Moments
1:31 - Cameron explains why Maya and Jesse are absent from this episode.
2:05 - Lloyd Kinsley joins the podcast from London. He gives commentary on how the Olympics has affected life in London, and the Opening Ceremonies.
14:17 - Lloyd's slice about NASA using Will Shatner and Wil Wheaton to explain the Mars Rover.
16:48 - Lloyd's other slice about a Dutch Creationist who made a reproduction of Noah's ark.
17:48 - Calvin's slice about a British Olympics enthusiast who attempted to swim from France to New York. They discuss other examples of biting off more than you can chew. Calvin's steak eating contest, Lloyd's speed pizza eating attempt with Jesse.
53:54 - Feedback to Question of the Week: "When have your parents crossed the line and gone too far for you?"
60:27 - Discussion of this week's Editorial Question of the Week.
66:05 Outro: "Tune in next month for the next Rambo of the Week." - Jesse
Question of the Week
What one fear would you like to conquer?
From swimming across the ocean to escaping Sudan and becoming an Olympian, this week's podcast dealt with the issue of overcoming and conquering the challenges set before us. So our question this week is a bit heavier than usual, but an important one nonetheless. We want to know, what one fear would you like to conquer? And while the easy answer might be "heights" or "snakes on a plane," we really want to hear the inside story of your fear and how you might go about conquering it.
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > Watch Chance the Rapper’s Worshipful Grammy Performance
- > I’m Single. Stop Pitying Me on Valentine’s Day
- > Mark Zuckerberg Met with Pastors to Understand How Churches ‘Find Deeper Meaning in a Changing World’
- > Watch Ashton Kutcher Emotionally Testify Against Sex Trafficking in Front of Congress
- > How 2016 Changed Everything for Lecrae
- > Watch Navy SEAL’s Widow Carryn Owens Receive a Standing Ovation During Trump’s Speech
- > The New 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Trailer Is Here, and It's Awesome
- > Ukraine's 'StopFake' TV Show Only Features Fake News to Help Fight Fake News
- > Legendary Gameshow Host Marc Summers Discusses Mental Illness in Documentary About His Life
- > Watch Tim Tebow Tell Mets Reporters Why He Doesn’t Want to Be Known as an Athlete