Over The Rhine
This week we talk to one of our favorite folk/rock bands, Over the Rhine. The husband and wife duo has just released a beautiful double album called "Meet Me At the End of the World," and it's one you definitely need to add to your music collection. Plus, we bring you our current media recommendations, find out what coulorphobia is (hint: you'll be terrified too) and give you just a taste of some current candy news...
A big thanks to our sponsor, Squarespace, the all-in-one platform that makes it fast and easy to create a professional website. For a free trial, click here, and get 20% off your first purchase on new accounts when you use offer code "RELEVANT9."
CLICK HERE to get involved in this week's challenge brought to you by One Life: The challenge is to rescue sex workers in China. Your donation of $30 rescues sex workers and keeps our safe house open for one more day.
Notable Jokes & Runs
2:49 - They talk about Eddie's beatboxing from the previous episode.
4:05 - Tyler talks about his Born to Run t-shirt and tattoos.
6:31 - Calvin is absent. They talk about him being punished for his jokes, and claim he's locked in a soundproof room, yelling puns.
8:43 - We find out that Tyler is perpetually on Santa's naughty list.
10:22 - Tyler gives some Dangerfield-style jokes.
13:00 - Jokes about Deer Tick.
Notable Guest Moments
44:34 - Introduction to Over the Rhine.
Other Notable Moments
7:01 - Eddie asks Tyler about the magazine and how its publication timetables work.
14:44 - Eddie has mixed feelings about Joseph Gordon-Levitt. They discuss him and Zoe Deschanel and romantic indie comedies.
19:53 - Jesse's slice about how much stuffing is in Double Stuff Oreos, and the new cookies and creme Oreo flavor.
26:31 - Tyler's slice about a Florida man offering free football tickets on Craig's List...if the person will date his step-daughter.
38:29 - Eddie's slice about coulrophobia (the fear of clowns) and the Northampton Clown.
57:28 - The group recommends books, movies, music, and tv shows. At the end of the segment, Tyler claims he is a centaur.
72:55 - Feedback to Question of the Week: "Who would you want to spend 15 minutes sitting with?"
85:33 Outro: "I wish clowns would come to my door and ask to do household chores." - Jesse
Question of the Week
What candy would you like to create?
If you could take two preexisting candies (or cookies) and combine them into one epic candy, what would your creation be and what would it be called? Bonus: we'll make and try our favorites on a future episode.
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > Watch Chance the Rapper’s Worshipful Grammy Performance
- > I’m Single. Stop Pitying Me on Valentine’s Day
- > Mark Zuckerberg Met with Pastors to Understand How Churches ‘Find Deeper Meaning in a Changing World’
- > Watch Ashton Kutcher Emotionally Testify Against Sex Trafficking in Front of Congress
- > How 2016 Changed Everything for Lecrae
- > Watch Navy SEAL’s Widow Carryn Owens Receive a Standing Ovation During Trump’s Speech
- > The New 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Trailer Is Here, and It's Awesome
- > Ukraine's 'StopFake' TV Show Only Features Fake News to Help Fight Fake News
- > Legendary Gameshow Host Marc Summers Discusses Mental Illness in Documentary About His Life
- > Watch Tim Tebow Tell Mets Reporters Why He Doesn’t Want to Be Known as an Athlete