This week we talk to one of our favorite bands, Paper Route. The band has just released their new album, The Peace of Wild Things, and lead singer J.T. Daly gives us an inside look at the process of making the album. And yes, JUNGLE BIRD joins us for a Katie-Couric-style-interview with Jesse Carey. It's hard-hitting, hilarious, and one you won't want to miss. Plus, Maya looks for jobs on Craigslist and Calvin brings yet another list.
Seriously, check out the look on Bob Costas' face!
Jungle Bird does the "dirty bird" during the ND / Navy game.
Notable Jokes & Runs
1:06 - Jesse foreshadows his interview with Jungle Bird. Cameron explains who Jungle Bird is.
9:06 - Jesse tells a story about seeing a falcon on his fence and on a golf court. He claims he's been chosen by the falcon.
13:19 - Jokes about all cop movies being too similar to each other. Judge Dredd, Beverly Hills Cop, Die Hard, Dragnet, Andy Griffith, TNT dramas, etc.
17:19 - More discussion and jokes about Jesse's falcon.
23:00 - Jesse tells a story about trying to buy golf clubs from someone on Craig'sList, who stood him up.
Notable Guest Moments
33:25 - Introduction to Paper Route.
41:53 - Introduction to Jungle Bird.
53:39 - Jungle Bird does the bird call for which he is famous.
Other Notable Moments
18:45 - Jesse's slice about a Craig'sList job posting for cryptozoological research.
24:24 - Maya calls out Cameron and the others for constantly interrupting her slices.
25:01 - Maya's slice about a man trying to sell a crashed plane on Craig'sList.
27:38 - Calvin's slice about a South Carolina woman who found her ex-boyfriend living in her attic twelve years after they broke up. Calvin's list of top five excuses the boyfriend gave to the cops.
55:17 - Feedback to Question of the Week: "What should Jesse ask Jungle Bird?"
56:25 - Discussion of this week's Editorial Question of the Week.
62:15 Outro: "[Bird noise]. Stop deforestation!" - Jungle Bird
Question of the Week
What is your craziest Craigslist story? And if you don't have one, what is the craziest thing you can find on Craigslist?
This week, Jesse told a heartfelt story about getting stood up on a Craigslist/golf club transaction. And Maya brought a slice about a guy selling an upside down plane. So this week we want to know if you have any crazy Craigslist stories. And if now, we want you to go over to Craigslist and find the strangest thing you can find and post a link to us. If it's crazy enough, we might just purchase it for our studio!
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > Watch Chance the Rapper’s Worshipful Grammy Performance
- > I’m Single. Stop Pitying Me on Valentine’s Day
- > Mark Zuckerberg Met with Pastors to Understand How Churches ‘Find Deeper Meaning in a Changing World’
- > Watch Ashton Kutcher Emotionally Testify Against Sex Trafficking in Front of Congress
- > Chance After Winning Best New Artist: ‘Glory Be to God. I Claim This Victory in the Name of the Lord’
- > Watch Navy SEAL’s Widow Carryn Owens Receive a Standing Ovation During Trump’s Speech
- > The New 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Trailer Is Here, and It's Awesome
- > Ukraine's 'StopFake' TV Show Only Features Fake News to Help Fight Fake News
- > Legendary Gameshow Host Marc Summers Discusses Mental Illness in Documentary About His Life
- > Watch Tim Tebow Tell Mets Reporters Why He Doesn’t Want to Be Known as an Athlete