The Avengers Are All Assembling to Help Support This Dying Man
In October of 2011, Stratford Caldecott was diagnosed with advanced prostate cancer. His daughter, Sophie, recently wrote a blog post saying he only has a few weeks left and, moreover, that he's a huge comic book fan who was too ill to make to the theater to see Captain America 2: The Winter Solider. And since the movie won't be released on DVD until it's too late, Sophie asked Marvel to send her an advance release of the film. Marvel did just that, but now the Avengers (and a few Agents of SHIELD) are complying with Sophie's request to tweet their support of "Strat."
It's a little thing, but Sophie says it's warming her dad's heart to see Robert Downey Jr. (Iron Man) and Chris Hemsworth (Thor), Chris Evans (Captain America), Mark Ruffalo (Hulk), Jeremy Renner (Hawkeye), Samuel L. Jackson (Nick Fury), and even Tom Hiddleston (Loki) all sending their support ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > Watch Chance the Rapper’s Worshipful Grammy Performance
- > I’m Single. Stop Pitying Me on Valentine’s Day
- > Watch Ashton Kutcher Emotionally Testify Against Sex Trafficking in Front of Congress
- > Sufjan Stevens Pens Letter to America About Christ, Refugees, Love and Judgement
- > Watch This British Lawmaker Speak Out on Selective Abortions Based on Disabilities
- > Watch Navy SEAL’s Widow Carryn Owens Receive a Standing Ovation During Trump’s Speech
- > The New 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Trailer Is Here, and It's Awesome
- > Ukraine's 'StopFake' TV Show Only Features Fake News to Help Fight Fake News
- > Legendary Gameshow Host Marc Summers Discusses Mental Illness in Documentary About His Life
- > Watch Tim Tebow Tell Mets Reporters Why He Doesn’t Want to Be Known as an Athlete