Bon Iver is Breaking Up With All of Us
Everyone is in love with Justin Vernon. You are. Your significant other is. Peter Gabriel is. Justin Timberlake is. At this point, our parents probably love Bon Iver as much as we do. And that's why there's no easy way to say this, so Bon Iver might as well just come out and say it. He really likes us too, and we're amazing, and he hopes the best for us, but, well, it's just not working out. As he told Minnesota Public Radio,
Winding [Bon Iver] down. I look at it like a faucet. I have to turn it off and walk away from it because so much of how that music comes together is subconscious or discovering. There’s so much attention on the band, it can be distracting at times. I really feel the need to walk away from it while I still care about it. And then if I come back to it – if at all – I’ll feel better about it and be renewed or something to do that.
No. No, it is absolutely not our fault. He just needs some time to think, and has realized that we're going in different directions, and he just doesn't feel the way he wishes he felt about us. But he really has enjoyed this time, and he's sure we'll meet someone who's just perfect, and he hopes we can stay friends? ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > Watch Chance the Rapper’s Worshipful Grammy Performance
- > I’m Single. Stop Pitying Me on Valentine’s Day
- > Mark Zuckerberg Met with Pastors to Understand How Churches ‘Find Deeper Meaning in a Changing World’
- > Watch Ashton Kutcher Emotionally Testify Against Sex Trafficking in Front of Congress
- > Chance After Winning Best New Artist: ‘Glory Be to God. I Claim This Victory in the Name of the Lord’
- > Watch Navy SEAL’s Widow Carryn Owens Receive a Standing Ovation During Trump’s Speech
- > The New 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Trailer Is Here, and It's Awesome
- > Ukraine's 'StopFake' TV Show Only Features Fake News to Help Fight Fake News
- > Legendary Gameshow Host Marc Summers Discusses Mental Illness in Documentary About His Life
- > Watch Tim Tebow Tell Mets Reporters Why He Doesn’t Want to Be Known as an Athlete