Boss Fires Employees for Supporting Obama
The Salt Lake Tribune published a story on a smoothie shop in Vernal City, Utah, that charges liberals more for their drinks. Sure. It's called "business." But the comment section found something truly bonkers: a boss who fired Obama supporters.
"We had to let two employees go to cover new Obongocare costs and increased taxes," Terry Lee of Terry Lee Forensics wrote. "Found two Obongo [a racial epithet for Obama] supporters and gave them the news yesterday. They wanted the idiot in the Whitehouse [sic], they reap the benefits." In a follow-up interview, Lee tried to say that the employees' politics weren't the only factor in the firing decision, but he defended it anyway. "Is your political affiliation protected?" he asked rhetorically. "I don't believe it is, but I don't know."
Crazily enough, he's right. AOL News says that California, New York, Connecticut, Colorado and Mississippi have laws that prevent employers from firing over political views. But in Utah and the rest of the 44 states, Lee's decision is protected by the government. So, great. Definitely building bridges, totally focusing on how the things that unite us are greater than the things that divide us and certainly not driving a wedge even deeper into an already deeply and sadly partisan country ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Watch Chance the Rapper’s Worshipful Grammy Performance
- > I’m Single. Stop Pitying Me on Valentine’s Day
- > Mark Zuckerberg Met with Pastors to Understand How Churches ‘Find Deeper Meaning in a Changing World’
- > Watch Ashton Kutcher Emotionally Testify Against Sex Trafficking in Front of Congress
- > Chance After Winning Best New Artist: ‘Glory Be to God. I Claim This Victory in the Name of the Lord’
- > Watch Navy SEAL’s Widow Carryn Owens Receive a Standing Ovation During Trump’s Speech
- > The New 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Trailer Is Here, and It's Awesome
- > Ukraine's 'StopFake' TV Show Only Features Fake News to Help Fight Fake News
- > Legendary Gameshow Host Marc Summers Discusses Mental Illness in Documentary About His Life
- > Watch Tim Tebow Tell Mets Reporters Why He Doesn’t Want to Be Known as an Athlete