Can the 'Angry Birds' Movie Save Hollywood?
Today is Angry Birds' third birthday, and what better time to announce what the world's been waiting for, a movie about the world's most beloved thing that does not lend itself to a movie at all. Angry Birds is an iPhone video game, and movies are, well, movies. But that doesn't mean Hollywood can't throw a bunch of computer animated birds on a theater screen and call it a day, and that's exactly what they intend to do. Obviously, it's impossible to wait for this one, but the movie won't hit theaters until 2016, so we'll just have to enjoy it then. Provided we all still even remember what iPhones are at that point. And that we're still watching movies. And that we're not all floating around on melting icebergs ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > Watch Chance the Rapper’s Worshipful Grammy Performance
- > I’m Single. Stop Pitying Me on Valentine’s Day
- > Mark Zuckerberg Met with Pastors to Understand How Churches ‘Find Deeper Meaning in a Changing World’
- > Watch Ashton Kutcher Emotionally Testify Against Sex Trafficking in Front of Congress
- > Chance After Winning Best New Artist: ‘Glory Be to God. I Claim This Victory in the Name of the Lord’
- > Watch Navy SEAL’s Widow Carryn Owens Receive a Standing Ovation During Trump’s Speech
- > The New 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Trailer Is Here, and It's Awesome
- > Ukraine's 'StopFake' TV Show Only Features Fake News to Help Fight Fake News
- > Legendary Gameshow Host Marc Summers Discusses Mental Illness in Documentary About His Life
- > Watch Tim Tebow Tell Mets Reporters Why He Doesn’t Want to Be Known as an Athlete