Dairy Queen Worker’s Good Deed Lands Him a Meeting with Warren Buffet
Joey Prusak works at a Dairy Queen in Minnesota, but soon the 19-year-old will be flying to Nebraska to meet with one of the world’s most successful businessmen, Warren Buffet. All of the attention for Joey started when he noticed a visually impaired customer had dropped a $20 bill while waiting in line at his store. When the woman behind the customer in line grabbed the bill, Joey asked her to give it back to the blind man. The greedy woman (honestly, who does that?) eventually cursed him out before being kicked out of the store. Joey, feeling bad about what happened to the blind man, gave him a $20 bill out of his own pocket.
If it wasn’t for another customer sending an email to the store’s manager—which recently went viral—praising Joey for his kindness, the act may have gone unnoticed. Word of the incident and of Joey’s generosity made it all the way to Buffet, whose investment company Berkshire Hathaway owns Dairy Queen. The billionaire was so moved, that he called Joey to thank him for being a role model to other employees and even invited him to attend the company’s shareholders’ event. As far as the teen—in typical Joey fashion—he’s remained humble about the whole thing: “I did it without even really thinking about it ... Ninety-nine out of 100 people would've done the same thing as me" ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Watch Chance the Rapper’s Worshipful Grammy Performance
- > I’m Single. Stop Pitying Me on Valentine’s Day
- > Watch Ashton Kutcher Emotionally Testify Against Sex Trafficking in Front of Congress
- > Sufjan Stevens Pens Letter to America About Christ, Refugees, Love and Judgement
- > Watch This British Lawmaker Speak Out on Selective Abortions Based on Disabilities
- > Watch Navy SEAL’s Widow Carryn Owens Receive a Standing Ovation During Trump’s Speech
- > The New 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Trailer Is Here, and It's Awesome
- > Ukraine's 'StopFake' TV Show Only Features Fake News to Help Fight Fake News
- > Legendary Gameshow Host Marc Summers Discusses Mental Illness in Documentary About His Life
- > Watch Tim Tebow Tell Mets Reporters Why He Doesn’t Want to Be Known as an Athlete