Has Rihanna Ruined Whatever 'Seapunk' Is?
Last week, Rihanna performed a song on Saturday Night Live decked out in some vaguely retro '90s garb, surrounded by aquatic imagery, early '90s memes and 3D effects. It was about as weird as it sounds, and it's apparently called "seapunk," a subgenre of "steampunk," a subgenre of "fantasy" and so-on. All this would be fairly innocuous, except there apparently are a lot of seapunk aficionados out there, and they are blowing up the blogs with righteous blogdignation about how Rihanna has ruined the only thing that ever really mattered to them. So it goes, Rihanna. You swim with the seapunks, you get wet with angry blogs ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > Watch Chance the Rapper’s Worshipful Grammy Performance
- > I’m Single. Stop Pitying Me on Valentine’s Day
- > Watch Ashton Kutcher Emotionally Testify Against Sex Trafficking in Front of Congress
- > Sufjan Stevens Pens Letter to America About Christ, Refugees, Love and Judgement
- > Watch This British Lawmaker Speak Out on Selective Abortions Based on Disabilities
- > Watch Navy SEAL’s Widow Carryn Owens Receive a Standing Ovation During Trump’s Speech
- > The New 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Trailer Is Here, and It's Awesome
- > Ukraine's 'StopFake' TV Show Only Features Fake News to Help Fight Fake News
- > Legendary Gameshow Host Marc Summers Discusses Mental Illness in Documentary About His Life
- > Watch Tim Tebow Tell Mets Reporters Why He Doesn’t Want to Be Known as an Athlete