Injured Raiders QB: I Serve a God Who Is the Ultimate Healer
On Saturday afternoon, Raiders quarterback Derek Carr was sacked during a game against the Colts, breaking his leg in a gruesome injury that will require season-ending surgery. The injury couldn’t have come at a worse time for the young quarterback and his team. Not only was Carr having an MVP-level season, he’d also led his team to its best record in years, and the second best record in the NFL.
But, just a week before the start of the playoffs, Carr’s Super Bowl hopes were dashed by the brutal injury. And, though Raiders were heartbroken, Carr had a different posture later on social media.
Carr, who is a devout Christian, posted a message to Twitter reminding fans to keep perspective, while telling them about his faith. Referencing Joshua 1:9, he tweeted,
Thank you to everyone that has been praying for me! Things happen in life that we don’t always understand, BUT I do KNOW this. I serve a God that loves me and that is the ultimate healer! I am not worried one bit. I will bounce back and be on my feet within no time!
You can see his full message below.
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > Watch Chance the Rapper’s Worshipful Grammy Performance
- > I’m Single. Stop Pitying Me on Valentine’s Day
- > Mark Zuckerberg Met with Pastors to Understand How Churches ‘Find Deeper Meaning in a Changing World’
- > Watch Ashton Kutcher Emotionally Testify Against Sex Trafficking in Front of Congress
- > Chance After Winning Best New Artist: ‘Glory Be to God. I Claim This Victory in the Name of the Lord’
- > Watch Navy SEAL’s Widow Carryn Owens Receive a Standing Ovation During Trump’s Speech
- > The New 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Trailer Is Here, and It's Awesome
- > Ukraine's 'StopFake' TV Show Only Features Fake News to Help Fight Fake News
- > Legendary Gameshow Host Marc Summers Discusses Mental Illness in Documentary About His Life
- > Watch Tim Tebow Tell Mets Reporters Why He Doesn’t Want to Be Known as an Athlete