Jennifer Garner Returned to Church After Appearing in Faith-Based Movie
Actress Jennifer Garner is starring in an upcoming movie called Miracles from Heaven. The film is based on the true story of the Beam family who had to lean on their faith during their daughter's near-death experience and her long battle with a chronic digestive disease. Garner, who plays Christy Beam, the mother of the young girl, got a lot more out of the experience than just a good movie. While on the road promoting the film, she stopped by Bishop T.D. Jakes' church to attend Sunday service and spoke about the life-changing impact the movie has played in her personal life. "I fell so in love with this family, I fell so in love with their love for each other. I fell so in love with their faith. It was a transformative experience to play this woman right here, she made me stronger," she said about playing Christy.
Garner hasn't openly spoken about her faith in the past, a fact she attributes to her community in Los Angeles. "[Faith] is a topic that has become very political. If you're a person of faith, you are so on the outside, that there's no way to bridge to somebody that's 'normal'," she shared during a Q&A in Dallas. The actress noted that the normal posture of the industry doesn't include talking about faith in between takes, but this movie was very different in that respect. A fact that she says had an impact on her family:
I will say that being around this community, and while I've always gone to church in West Virginia, that when I got back to Los Angeles, I was talking to my kids about the movie and they said, 'Mom you don't take us to church,' and we went that Sunday, and they went today without me. That decision was a direct gift from this movie and for that I'm very grateful.
Recommended For You
- > Watch Chance the Rapper’s Worshipful Grammy Performance
- > I’m Single. Stop Pitying Me on Valentine’s Day
- > Mark Zuckerberg Met with Pastors to Understand How Churches ‘Find Deeper Meaning in a Changing World’
- > Watch Ashton Kutcher Emotionally Testify Against Sex Trafficking in Front of Congress
- > Chance After Winning Best New Artist: ‘Glory Be to God. I Claim This Victory in the Name of the Lord’
- > Watch Navy SEAL’s Widow Carryn Owens Receive a Standing Ovation During Trump’s Speech
- > The New 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Trailer Is Here, and It's Awesome
- > Ukraine's 'StopFake' TV Show Only Features Fake News to Help Fight Fake News
- > Legendary Gameshow Host Marc Summers Discusses Mental Illness in Documentary About His Life
- > Watch Tim Tebow Tell Mets Reporters Why He Doesn’t Want to Be Known as an Athlete