Josh Hamilton in Shape Thanks to Fasting and 'Juice Lady'
When reporters asked the Los Angeles Angels’ new slugger, Josh Hamilton, what his secret was for staying in such good shape during the off-season, he told them it was partly due to the “juicy lady” infomercial. He’s actually referring to spirituality and nutrition author Cherie Calbom, who is, indeed, known as “The Juice Lady.” According to the Orange County Register,
“The weight loss began as part of a fast Hamilton underwent for his church, he said. He gave up bread. ‘The Lord kept waking me up in the middle of the night over a month and every time I'd wake up there'd be a doctor on [TV] talking about what you put in your body and how it makes you feel,’ Hamilton said. ‘And then the juice lady was on. It was like, all right, I always pray the Lord will help me feel better. Well, that's all great, but am I doing my part? Now its time for me to do my part.’"
In the past, Hamilton has been vocal about how his Christian faith has been an important part in his fight against addiction …
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Watch Navy SEAL’s Widow Carryn Owens Receive a Standing Ovation During Trump’s Speech
- > The New 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Trailer Is Here, and It's Awesome
- > Ukraine's 'StopFake' TV Show Only Features Fake News to Help Fight Fake News
- > Legendary Gameshow Host Marc Summers Discusses Mental Illness in Documentary About His Life
- > Watch Tim Tebow Tell Mets Reporters Why He Doesn’t Want to Be Known as an Athlete