Meriam Yehya Has Reportedly Been Re-arrested in Sudan
Meriam Yehya Ibrahim, the woman who was released from death row yesterday following an international uproar for her unjust sentencing, appears to have been re-arrested again along with her family as she attempted to leave Sudan. The heartbreaking tale comes after 27-year-old Ibrahim refused to recant on her Christian faith, resulting in her being sentenced to hang as an apostate. Following a global outcry, Sudanese courts released her and her two children yesterday, and they quickly made plans to leave the country along with her American husband, Daniel Wani. However, a report says that the family was detained at the airport and is now being held for unknown reasons.
CNN also reports that a man claiming to be Ibrahim's brother has expressed outrage at his alleged sister's release, and has hinted at exacting his own retribution ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Watch Navy SEAL’s Widow Carryn Owens Receive a Standing Ovation During Trump’s Speech
- > The New 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Trailer Is Here, and It's Awesome
- > Ukraine's 'StopFake' TV Show Only Features Fake News to Help Fight Fake News
- > Legendary Gameshow Host Marc Summers Discusses Mental Illness in Documentary About His Life
- > Watch Tim Tebow Tell Mets Reporters Why He Doesn’t Want to Be Known as an Athlete