Morrissey Cancels Talk Show Appearance in Protest of 'Duck Dynasty'
If you tuned in to Jimmy Kimmel Live last night to watch the scheduled Morrissey performance, you may have been disappointed. The rock icon and outspoken vegan canceled his appearance on the late night talk show in protest, after learning that the crew from the reality show Duck Dynasty would also be guests. The A&E reality hit features the Robertsons, a Louisiana family that operates a successful duck call and duck hunting business. The former Smiths frontman went as far as calling the Robertsons “animal serial killers”.
The Duck Dynasty crew chose to take the high road though. Phil Robertson said:
Whoever the guy is, if he wants to eat vegetables, no problem. We don’t mind. If somebody says, ‘Y’all eat ducks?’ We’re like, ‘Yeah.’ We don’t hold it against him at all. Whoever he is, we love him as our neighbor.
As The Hollywood Reporter pointed out, it’s not the first time Morrissey has made high-profile statements about his veganism. The Staples Center released a statement that denied the singer’s recent claim that the venue would not be serving meat at his upcoming performance scheduled in March. But really, is any of this a surprise from a guy whose band has a song titled “Meat Is Murder”? …
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > Watch Chance the Rapper’s Worshipful Grammy Performance
- > I’m Single. Stop Pitying Me on Valentine’s Day
- > Mark Zuckerberg Met with Pastors to Understand How Churches ‘Find Deeper Meaning in a Changing World’
- > Watch Ashton Kutcher Emotionally Testify Against Sex Trafficking in Front of Congress
- > Chance After Winning Best New Artist: ‘Glory Be to God. I Claim This Victory in the Name of the Lord’
- > Watch Navy SEAL’s Widow Carryn Owens Receive a Standing Ovation During Trump’s Speech
- > The New 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Trailer Is Here, and It's Awesome
- > Ukraine's 'StopFake' TV Show Only Features Fake News to Help Fight Fake News
- > Legendary Gameshow Host Marc Summers Discusses Mental Illness in Documentary About His Life
- > Watch Tim Tebow Tell Mets Reporters Why He Doesn’t Want to Be Known as an Athlete