Responding to Sandy Hook
In light of the Sandy Hook shootings, the National Rifle Association has gone into hibernation on almost every front, including a social media blackout. They even deactivated their Facebook page after some debates got particularly ugly (people on both sides of the debate were threatening to kill each other, obviously). New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg issued a strong challenge to President Barack Obama to make gun control his "number one agenda" of this term. "If he does nothing during his 2nd term, something like 48,000 Americans will be killed with illegal guns," Bloomberg told Meet the Press. "It's time for the president to stand up and lead and tell this country what we should do." In the meantime, blogger Liza Long wrote a hyper-viral piece titled "I Am Adam Lanza's Mother," detailing her experiences as the mother of a mentally ill child, making the case that help for the mentally ill, not gun control, is the solution ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Watch Navy SEAL’s Widow Carryn Owens Receive a Standing Ovation During Trump’s Speech
- > The New 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Trailer Is Here, and It's Awesome
- > Ukraine's 'StopFake' TV Show Only Features Fake News to Help Fight Fake News
- > Legendary Gameshow Host Marc Summers Discusses Mental Illness in Documentary About His Life
- > Watch Tim Tebow Tell Mets Reporters Why He Doesn’t Want to Be Known as an Athlete