Robin Thicke Is Suing Marvin Gaye Over 'Blurred Lines' Because Why Not?
As you may know, Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines" is the song of the summer, and it's about as catchy as a blatantly misogynistic ode to objectification and degradation can be (but you don't have to take our word for it.) But now it is also the point of contention for a suit that Thicke (and his "Blurred" buddies, Pharrell and T.I.) are bringing against Marvin Gaye because, uh, they're worried the Gaye family is going to sue them because the song sounds too much like Gaye's "Got to Give It Up" or something?
Basically, they've heard that the family of the late, great Marvin Gaye thinks "Blurred Lines" sounds suspiciously like some of Gaye's work, so Thicke and Co. have filed a pre-emptive countersuit (that you can file a countersuit when no suit has actually been filed is news to us, but it's a crazy world) to keep the Gaye family from filing an actual suit. And all of this is really blurring the lines over who's suing who (if you thought you were going to get out of here without a "blurred lines" jokes, you don't know us) ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > Watch Chance the Rapper’s Worshipful Grammy Performance
- > I’m Single. Stop Pitying Me on Valentine’s Day
- > Watch Ashton Kutcher Emotionally Testify Against Sex Trafficking in Front of Congress
- > One of the NFL's Most Promising Young Coaches Is Leaving Football to Pursue the Ministry
- > Sufjan Stevens Pens Letter to America About Christ, Refugees, Love and Judgement
- > Watch Navy SEAL’s Widow Carryn Owens Receive a Standing Ovation During Trump’s Speech
- > The New 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Trailer Is Here, and It's Awesome
- > Ukraine's 'StopFake' TV Show Only Features Fake News to Help Fight Fake News
- > Legendary Gameshow Host Marc Summers Discusses Mental Illness in Documentary About His Life
- > Watch Tim Tebow Tell Mets Reporters Why He Doesn’t Want to Be Known as an Athlete