Square is Teaming Up With Starbucks. Have You Thrown Away Your Wallet Yet?
The tech-money world is abuzz today with news that Starbucks (a coffee company you may be familiar with) has teamed up with Square (a mobile credit card company you will soon be very familiar with.) Basically, this means that you will soon be able to pay for your Starbucks lattes simply by using your smartphone and, eventually, through voice recognition software. Yes, the day is very, very close when you will be able to charge your credit card simply by saying your name out loud. Some people are calling it the death of money. Might want to also consider calling it "the birth of making sure your voice is very, very distinctive" ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > Watch Chance the Rapper’s Worshipful Grammy Performance
- > I’m Single. Stop Pitying Me on Valentine’s Day
- > Mark Zuckerberg Met with Pastors to Understand How Churches ‘Find Deeper Meaning in a Changing World’
- > Watch Ashton Kutcher Emotionally Testify Against Sex Trafficking in Front of Congress
- > Chance After Winning Best New Artist: ‘Glory Be to God. I Claim This Victory in the Name of the Lord’
- > Watch Navy SEAL’s Widow Carryn Owens Receive a Standing Ovation During Trump’s Speech
- > The New 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Trailer Is Here, and It's Awesome
- > Ukraine's 'StopFake' TV Show Only Features Fake News to Help Fight Fake News
- > Legendary Gameshow Host Marc Summers Discusses Mental Illness in Documentary About His Life
- > Watch Tim Tebow Tell Mets Reporters Why He Doesn’t Want to Be Known as an Athlete