Watch Navy SEAL’s Widow Carryn Owens Receive a Standing Ovation During Trump’s Speech
Last night, Pres. Trump addressed Congress during a televised speech, and though there’s been a lot of debate about the politics of the evening, one moment stood out with its unifying call to honor a national hero.
The widow of Navy SEAL William "Ryan" Owens, who died on a recent anti-terrorism mission in Yemen, was present, and the president addressed her directly.
We are blessed to be joined tonight by Carryn Owens, the widow of U.S. Navy Special Operator, Senior Chief William "Ryan" Owens. Ryan died as he lived: a warrior, and a hero — battling against terrorism and securing our nation … Ryan's legacy is etched into eternity. Thank you.
For the next three minutes, lawmakers stood and applauded Carryn and the legacy of her husband. It was a powerful moment.
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Watch Chance the Rapper’s Worshipful Grammy Performance
- > I’m Single. Stop Pitying Me on Valentine’s Day
- > Mark Zuckerberg Met with Pastors to Understand How Churches ‘Find Deeper Meaning in a Changing World’
- > Watch Ashton Kutcher Emotionally Testify Against Sex Trafficking in Front of Congress
- > Chance After Winning Best New Artist: ‘Glory Be to God. I Claim This Victory in the Name of the Lord’
- > Watch Navy SEAL’s Widow Carryn Owens Receive a Standing Ovation During Trump’s Speech
- > The New 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Trailer Is Here, and It's Awesome
- > Ukraine's 'StopFake' TV Show Only Features Fake News to Help Fight Fake News
- > Legendary Gameshow Host Marc Summers Discusses Mental Illness in Documentary About His Life
- > Watch Tim Tebow Tell Mets Reporters Why He Doesn’t Want to Be Known as an Athlete