Who Is Nate Silver and How Does He Know Everything?
In the wake of the election, one of the more interesting developments has been the sudden rise to stardom of The New York Times' young political future predictor, Nate Silver. His FiveThirtyEight blog at nytimes.com, which was accounting for 20% of the Times' traffic by election day, forecasted the election with Nostradamus-like pointedness, going 50-for-50 in calling which state would vote for whom. Using his brain-spinningly complex algorithm, Silver predicted Obama would take 313 electoral votes and would win the popular vote by a 2.5% margin. Although Florida has yet to be sorted out, it's looking like Obama will finish with 323 electoral votes and win the popular vote with a 2.2% margin. It's an impressive feat, particularly considering how lonely he was in predicting Obama's comfortable victory. Gallup and Rassumussen were both predicting Romney wins, and Dean Chambers of UnSkewedPolls.com was calling it for Romney by a landslide ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Watch Chance the Rapper’s Worshipful Grammy Performance
- > I’m Single. Stop Pitying Me on Valentine’s Day
- > Mark Zuckerberg Met with Pastors to Understand How Churches ‘Find Deeper Meaning in a Changing World’
- > Watch Ashton Kutcher Emotionally Testify Against Sex Trafficking in Front of Congress
- > Chance After Winning Best New Artist: ‘Glory Be to God. I Claim This Victory in the Name of the Lord’
- > Watch Navy SEAL’s Widow Carryn Owens Receive a Standing Ovation During Trump’s Speech
- > The New 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Trailer Is Here, and It's Awesome
- > Ukraine's 'StopFake' TV Show Only Features Fake News to Help Fight Fake News
- > Legendary Gameshow Host Marc Summers Discusses Mental Illness in Documentary About His Life
- > Watch Tim Tebow Tell Mets Reporters Why He Doesn’t Want to Be Known as an Athlete